Sunday, July 26, 2009

Quotes that shaped me

This isn't exactly the most original post, but here are some quotes that have shaped me into what I am.

At any rate, I am convinced that He [God] does not play dice.
-Albert Einstein

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
-Thomas A. Edison

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do
not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to the public welfare, is only
a species of legalized larceny.
-Calvin Coolidge

All great change in America begins at the dinner table.
-Ronald Reagan

I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.
-G.K. Chesterton

If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.
-Mark Twain

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
-Winston Churchill

When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
-Yogi Berra

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
-Thomas Paine

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
John 14:6

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment