Monday, July 6, 2009

Where are we?

I am on information overload.

In the past few weeks, I have read(by book or book on CD)
Fahrenheit 451
Brave New World
Common Sense
Liberty and Tyranny
The Promise of America - Thomas Paine

Where have we gone? A country that wanted independence from a corrupt English government. A country that wanted MINIMAL government involvement in life. A country that wanted the states to do most of the governing.

Now, our government is corrupt. Our government wants to be in every facet of our lives. Our government wants to disregard the rights of the states.

Let's be honest, I am freakin' scared. Increased taxes, hyperinflation, interest rates; all because we want to spend spend spend. And now there are rumblings of another stimulus - GOP included.

Stop it! Tell me where my money is going, to the last dime. Let me choose what I want to believe regarding the environment and global warming. I am sick of bailing out other states, paying for the health care of people whose path I will never cross, giving money to Social Security I will not see.

I want sovereignty, I want to be heard. But no one listens, no matter how much I yell, no one listens.

My two cents

No comments:

Post a Comment