Sunday, June 28, 2009

Hold Them Accountable - Article I, Section 9

I was doing what the cool kids do on a Sunday nights, and was glancing over Article I, Section 9 of the constitution. (Online source, Cornell School of Law - http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.articlei.html)

Here is what I saw.

"No money shall be drawn from the treasury, but in consequence of appropriations made by law; and a regular statement and account of receipts and expenditures of all public money shall be published from time to time."

In Southern Indiana words, if you borrow our money so you can spend it, you best be telling us where it is ALL going. It is flat out in the constitution.

If congress can't tell us where every cent went, then they have no right whatsoever to use our money. I want to know.
- Where did ALL of the TARP money go?
- Where has ALL of the stimulus money gone?
- Where will ALL of the health care money go?
- Where will ALL of the cap and trade money go?

I am not talking a cute, little pie chart. I want to see it to the last cent. If it cannot be provided, than congress is violating the constitution.

Let's tell our congress that we want to know where ALL the money is going, and we will hold them accountable to the nation for either upholding the constitution, or violating it.

Another way to fight the tyranny.

My two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment